2018 marks 5 years since Jim and I moved Platania Financial's office location from Mount Prospect, where we had operated for 26 years, to our current location in downtown Arlington Heights. At 2 W. Northwest Highway sits the building that has become known as the "triangle building". It's unique structure is bordered by three streets, Northwest Highway, Dunton Avenue, and Minor Street, making it a standalone building and the only one on its block (;
It's been a great 5 years since moving into the triangle building and we look forward to many more to come. We appreciate the history and character of our building and have compiled a brief history below. Take a look, and let us know if you have any knowledge of the building's history that you'd like to share with us!
- The original structure at 2 W. Northwest Highway was built in 1907.
- In the 1930's, Carl Behrens and Arlington Heights Mayor J.D. Flentie rebuilt the structure. In those days, there was no city hall to speak of. Carl, a Justice of the Peace, married over a hundred people at the building, where the conference room is today.
- Carl founded and operated his Real Estate and Insurance Business, C.M. Behrens and Co. at the location for decades.
- In 1951, the building was rebuilt for a final time and is the same structure that stands to this day.
- Various businesses have occupied the space in recent decades, and the building was purchased by Jim and Bridget Platania in 2013 where it has been home to Platania Financial since.